Granby hoppers in 009: basically in white...

The pair of Granby hoppers I've designed for the American 009 layout are a multimedia scratch aid assisted item...

I designed the main frame for the chassis and the bracing for the sides to be 3D printed, and the chassis is designed to accept a Peco GR-106 bogie. Initially I drew up a model with the body complete, but I figured I'd try out this scratchaid approach.
The bodywork is cut from 40thou styrene sheet, and this is superglued to the 3D printed chassis. The sides are then fitted with interior members of the same sheet, cut to size and secured with polystyrene sheet.
They have provided me with two much needed items of custom rolling stock for the Yukon based layout, and their short length makes them perfect for the short sidings and sharp corners. More soon...

Comments