Porter 0-6-0st in 009...


I've always quite liked the Minitrains Porter, based on the old Joe Works example in appearance, which meant it had a rather unusual short cab with a peaked roof that matches other F&C styled locomotives including the Forney and tender engine...
The Coal Creek in the Yukon had a pair of 0-6-0 Porters which started life as street tram engines if I recall correctly, and I wondered if the Minitrains example could be coaxed to the part. The conversion is basically a pair of 3D printed parts.
I designed a replacement cab, based on the dimensions of the Coal Creek ones, and added a piece to extend the smokebox which isn't shown in these photos.
I had them printed by Shapeways and have cleaned them up and all you need to do to fit is to remove the Minitrains cab and then cut off of the bunker flush with the floor of the cab. It looks perfect to my relatively untrained eye, here I've shown it with a Minitrains Plymouth diesel and the Koala Creek steel cabbed Porter designed to fit the Minitrains Krause chassis. More soon...

Comments