Commission: Molln in H0e...

A few months ago I began work on rebuilding and scratch building elements of a Austrian 'Krauss' built 0-6-2, the forerunner of the widely built U-class, so synonymous with Austrian narrow gauge...
I hope enthusiasts will excuse my limited knowledge of the prototype history, any how this model started out as a late model Liliput U-class, with the separate weight on the chassis, and small flywheel on the motor. I removed the body, and weight, and cut down the side tanks, and removed the boiler and smokebox. The cab was removed, rebuilt and replaced, with different upper side panels. A new boiler and smokebox, as well as extended front frame was scratch built in styrene.
The shortened side tanks were made good, and a running board added, before a chimney (modified from a white metal one in the bits box), dome (scratch built in styrene) and sand box (cut from the Liliput moulding) were added. At this stage I could then begin to add the myriad of pipework and operating levers.
The finished model was primed and painted black, a mix of satin and matt black, before the roof and smokebox were finished in a sooty matt black. I drew up the artwork for the etched name and number plates, and combined them with Narrow Planet Krauss works plates. These arrived a week or so ago, so they were painted and fitted, the works plates being curved around the handle of a file to match the dome profile. The glazing was re-used and the lights on the cab rear re-fitted with their lenses.
The model is now complete, and I'm looking forward to starting the next project. I can build kits or scratch build your dream model in styrene, brass or multi-media. Not only locomotives, but coaching stock, buildings, even complete layouts, in a myriad of scales. Please contact me for a price via Facebook, a forum message or the contact form on my blog.

More soon...

Comments