Crewe in 006.5: prototype finished...

The prototype of the Hudswell Clarke diesel in 006.5 has now been finished, and although winning no beauty contests, now the driver has been squeezed in and plates added, I've got a real soft spot for it...
The driver is a cut down Hornby figure, with his arm repositioned from it's somewhat dubious salute. He has also lost a whole leg, and the foot on the remaining leg, to fit into the cab. I have no idea what angle the driver sat or crouched in on the prototype, I've not found a photo of it with a driver, but I couldn't get my usual Airfix/Dapol workman standing figures to fit, so I figured seated was ok! I have also added a brake stand, I'll look to source these for the production kits.
Here posed with the Heywood wagon, which is a great visual match with the model, and would look at home on a small industrial layout or part of a standard gauge locomotive works. The production prints have been ordered, so I'm just waiting on these to arrive, and we'll start to put together the kits... unlikely to be all sorted before Christmas, but potentially a January release in the 6point5 range.
I've also re-finished the pair of Royal Arsenal 1 plank wagons I've had for some time, these were the prototypes from Mark Greenwood, and I originally painted them quick for Creech Grange's appearance at ExpoNG in 2017. They've been repainted darker, with an unpainted wood interior and the metal work on the outside picked out in black. I've got plans for another 006.5 layout this winter, so keep your eyes peeled. More soon...

Comments