Nothing certain but change…

With news that DB Cargo is for sale, the idea that ‘Modern Goods’ would depict the current rail scene is already hopelessly dashed. Whilst I am no fan of some of the firms decisions, DB and their wonderfully bold red locomotives have been a feature if the British rail freight scene for 19 years…


Down on Paxton Road not much changes though, the bold red Shed looks great (sounds great too) and my dreams of a more modern setting for some of my freight stock are no closer to fruition. With this announcement I ponder should I consider a DRS or GBRf shed to add to the layout? I expect red (possibly even maroon and gold) examples will roam the rails for some time even if the firm is sold next week - but it’s a reminder, as if one were needed of the old adage…

There is nothing certain except change.

Until next time, more soon…




Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments

  1. Perhaps its going to be a US takeover ( Gensee & Wyoming?) like Wisconsin Central/EWS. Just hope whoever it is, invests in rail freight for a change and with government support.

    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning James.
    It must be a struggle for anyone to seriously model the current scene, mainly because of the constant changes of liveries and traffic flows. Even greenery and road vehicles can change dramatically in a relatively short span of time. I've always loved Eric Brooman's Utah Belt HO railroad, he has always updated every aspect of it over the years. I recently saw pictures of it from when I was a teenager and compared them to more recent ones and really only the grey and yellow paint schemes on the locos was the same! Dedication indeed.
    Does the sale of DB Schenker put the modern goods project in jeopardy? Your ability to repaint locos and rolling stock should be in your favour as you could keep up with modern developments? Mind you, painting your own rolling stock isn't going to pay the bills!
    It's always good to see Paxton Road and that's a great picture of the 66 and the van. Those modelu figures are so realistic.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.