Commission: A weathered Manning Wardle in OO…
Not every Rapido Manning Wardle due to cross my bench this summer is having a cab conversion (!). This example started out as Forward and has just been renamed and detailed and weathered, demonstrating just how good the original model is to start with…
A Modelu crew and 3 links start things off, Light Railway Stores custom etched plates cover the printed examples completes the model beautifully.
The weathering is a deluxe multi-stage approach of washes, detail painting, airbrush and drybrushed shades that go some way to bringing it to life. I like the lustre in the donors finish - and try to preserve that where possible, giving not just shades of grime, but a range of sheens.
If you would like me to bring your model to life, I offer a range of work and detail levels to match your budget. I can also source models from Rapido directly, either form their in stock range or pre-order anything and add a renumbering, detailing and weathering service ‘all-in-one’ cutting down on time and postage costs. Get in touch using the contact form here on the blog or via Facebook to explore what you would like to create, until next time more soon…
Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.




Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.
James.