On Video: Creech Barn finale…

Creech Barn has never really reached its full potential. Sure it has been enjoyable to build a share it over the past four years but despite still deeply loving my European 009 models I just haven’t found a connection with it - not helped by living in a box…

I advertised it for sale a few weeks ago and the purchaser asked would I consider finishing off the last details. I can’t say this was particularly enjoyable but the results are pleasing, if nothing else. I filmed a short ‘finale’ video explaining a little about its concept and a few of the design intentions - plus plenty of little trains running…

Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/v9956YvYKIo

It is personally interesting to pause and reflect on this projects lack of success - and to consider this for future projects. I’ve spoken before about the danger of keeping a project in a box (lack at accessability) but I think there is more here - I wonder if this project was without a firm and strong inspiration. It was a good ideal but without the ability to go back to the source and recharge the battery of motivation it languished for a long time in the store cupboard.

I hope you enjoy the short video, it would be great if you’d watch it on YouTube - the adverts do offer me a small renumeration which helps top up the personal modelling fund! What next for my own 009 collection remains to be seen…

Until next time, more soon…



Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments

  1. I've always thought it was one of those "almost right" layouts with a basic concept that still has potential. Perhaps it needed just a little more space, or possibly a different inspiration than Statfold, which isn't a small museum. Something like the Richmond Light Railway, the Bredgar & Wormshill, or, going back to my childhood, Lytham Creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James - my earlier memories of Bredgar were definitely the main influence here to be honest, several enjoyable trips whilst visiting ExpoNG for a couple of years...

      Delete
    2. I could imagine this combined with a cut down version of Charles's South West Lancs. Perhaps with elements of Amerton. The attraction is many oo9 modellers have more locos than stock

      Delete
  2. Putting the word Creech into the search here on your blog James and I can happily read and re-read each of the posts you've made relating to that inspiring and yearning place in its many guises.
    I'm sure that the new custodian owner of Creech Barn is, somewhere, happily lost in that moment too watching a little train trundle around.
    My own 40x32cm wharf and yard in O9 is wonderful to drive the train around or to have it trundling along as I do something or nothing else.
    Thanks again for posting a great video.
    Roger Swan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.