On Video: Creech Barn finale…

Creech Barn has never really reached its full potential. Sure it has been enjoyable to build a share it over the past four years but despite still deeply loving my European 009 models I just haven’t found a connection with it - not helped by living in a box…

I advertised it for sale a few weeks ago and the purchaser asked would I consider finishing off the last details. I can’t say this was particularly enjoyable but the results are pleasing, if nothing else. I filmed a short ‘finale’ video explaining a little about its concept and a few of the design intentions - plus plenty of little trains running…

Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/v9956YvYKIo

It is personally interesting to pause and reflect on this projects lack of success - and to consider this for future projects. I’ve spoken before about the danger of keeping a project in a box (lack at accessability) but I think there is more here - I wonder if this project was without a firm and strong inspiration. It was a good ideal but without the ability to go back to the source and recharge the battery of motivation it languished for a long time in the store cupboard.

I hope you enjoy the short video, it would be great if you’d watch it on YouTube - the adverts do offer me a small renumeration which helps top up the personal modelling fund! What next for my own 009 collection remains to be seen…

Until next time, more soon…



Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments