Hudson Hunslet in 7/8ths...

Another engine i've wanted to model for a few years is the original 1940s style of Hudson Hunslet diesel, ordered in numbers by the Ministry of Supply and others during the war for various 2ft gauge lines in this country...
It's quite a distinctive looking thing, that has a definite face, and a rather short and squat appearance. It's also very different from the Simplex I've already built for the Dyfrdwy Tramway.

The story will be that this is engine 3. Numbers 1 and 2 were original steam engines, 3 and 4 were replacement HH acquired after the war, but quite worn out - with the Simplex, number 5, ordered later in the 1950s.

I've sourced some drawings, and am planning on something roughly to scale, but adapted a little as I'm using 30mm 6 hole disc wheels from Slaters rather than the 32mm I really need. I'm also planning on building my own drive, so that will be interesting! More on it when the drive components arrive...

Comments