The Dyfrdwy Tramway: in the sunshine...

Over the bank holiday weekend I enjoyed the tramway, despite it's unfinished nature I found it relaxing to sit back and drive a train slowly from one end to the other. Anyone who remembers my old garden railway will remember my love of taking photos and so, again, I've been taking lots...

The sunshine and blue sky made for some lovely photos, here the original three items of stock are seen at the current end of the tramway. A point will be added here so I can have two sidings, and potentially then extend across the lawn at a later date.
The new coal wagon also got a run, as I drilled out the couplers to accept the same pins as the Simplex and used a small chain to made the connection.
The slate slab fencing has been re-done and extended, and this is looking great, just as I had hoped and imagined. The end furthest from the camera will have a working gate, and then the yard area will have a cattle stop between the rails. I also plan to add some fencing and telegraph poles with time.
The yard in it's raw state, awaiting the office and some detailing. The simple track plan lends to the feel of my tramway, which although not complicated to run or even offering much scope for variety in terms of operation, fulfils my garden needs nicely at the moment. More soon...

James
Sent from my iPhone

Comments