Winifred in 009: detailing complete...

It's been some time, mainly due to other commitments and commissions, and the lack of an 009 mojo, but Winifred has been left at the back of the bench ignored and partly finished for a few months...
I'm not sure what spurred me on, but anyway last night I dug her out and spent an evening with plasticard, rod and brass wire along wth a few bits from the parts box and some photos to detail up the cab, back head and the other side of the footplate. This was a real labour of love and I'd forgotten how fiddly yet rewarding the smaller scales can be after 7/8ths and 7mm scale for a while.
Posed here with a 20p you can see just how small we're talking. I'm really pleased with the multi media approach. She's going to be a fragile model, but I'm pretty careful and I've yet to damage the Sand Hutton which has a similar amount of fragile detail at the front end.
Next up will be a coat of primer... which I'll have more shortly...
More soon...

Comments