The Dyfrdwy Tramway: updates...

With the start of track work in the garden I've actually been inspired to push on with some more 7/8ths stock for the tramway...
Rather than a specific wagon update here are a few photos of what I've been up to... first up the title image is a new 'lift off' body slate wagon I've built on a Model Earth 'budget flat'. This is 3mm thick styrene scribed and gouged for the wooden body with 30 thou styrene for the metal work. Since the photo was taken it has gained rivets and bolt heads, and I'm waiting on a set of 4 lift rings to finish it off before painting.
The Model Earth skip wagon chassis has been finished with a brake added, and a selection of items to sit on the flat as well. The top is from the Model Earth 'Welsh flat' and fits perfectly. These will be painted shortly... also pictured is my 006.5 version of the same wagon.
Finally a photo of the slab wagon with a real slab of slate from the tips at the old slab mill at Nant-y-Pandy near Glyndyfrdwy. I've also been playing with slate fencing, this trial section was done quite quickly and I need to work on a neater way to do the wire, but it shows promise.
More soon, if the weather holds...

Comments