Friday Update: Eighteen Nine Twenty...

It's been a bumper week for Clayton updates, and I've not had too many other jobs on the workbench to report here, but a few things of interest I hope...

The first thing here are some more photos of Pont-y-dulais, this small slice of South Wales continues to delight and I've had the DJM Austerity out this week. This initially wasn't happy on the points, so I investigated the back to backs, finding the rear axle was a bit widely set, back to back nearly 15mm. With this squeezed into 14.5 running through the frogs was greatly improved, so a few photos!
The Hudson Hunslet's are progressing, engines and radiators now fitted - next job is the engine plimbing and pipework, then the bonnets before moving on to the cab details. Doing four at once is certainly a mental challenge, if not a modelling one - but it's good to see these models progressing now, and with all the materials too hand I can push forwards next week.
I've been doing some more custom transfer artwork, this time for an Austerity in NCB livery with some lining panels - this was the reason my own model was out above, acting as a guinea pig for measuring up.
Finally, as well as the Clayton (seen above unfinished) I've been progressing an 009 build of the Beyer Peacock (ish) I designed for Narrow Planet. This has been good fun to work on, and is very cute little model. It's nearly finished so I'll post some photos in a dedicated blog post over the weekend.

As well as tidying up the house we've begun painting the final wall of the outside, so that has taken up time this week. All the kids here this weekend, and a shed that needs re-cladding, a hedge in desperate need of a trim and a lawn that's enjoyed the warm and wet mix of weather recently a little too much and resembles a bit of a meadow again! Lots to do, hope you can enjoy a bit of the good weather this weekend. More soon...


Comments