Planet Industrials: Cut-down Peckett prototype...

If you remember a few months ago I shared a concept 3D design for a cut down version of my Hornby Peckett post-date kit design, based loosely on the Greenhithe type...
The Hornby W4 won't allow you to model one accurately, the footplate is too low, and the pitch of the boiler vs the saddle tank not quite right - however, as with the post-date kit it gives a pretty good representation, as good as you can without a fully etched kit. So what is the difference here? Basically major surgery to the Hornby footplate! If you cut off each side the new cab just then fits on the tabs...
It will come with an etched roof, small steps, smokebox plate with straight edges, extended buffer beam, short chimney and a cab rear hatch (not shown in these photos, and the footsteps aren't right yet either). You'll also get a pair of names (GREENHITHE and HORNET), works plates and Registration plates.
I plan to finish mine as Hornet, as it worked just up the road from me here at Bersham, so a coat of my favourite green! I'll probably stick with plain red buffer beams this time though, and a heavier weathering than my other Pecketts... 
Not much to change on this prototype though, so I plan to draw up the new parts for the etch before the end of the month, and then we'll put it into production. Keep your eyes peeled for it turning green, until then more soon...

Comments