Friday Update: Four Nine Twenty...

After four months together finally the kids return to school and we can begin to go back to a new normal, where I have more workshop time but see the children less. A real mix this week with illustration and kit design as well as physical model making...

Lock down and the ensuing summer I'll be honest, has been tough at times. We will see how things pan out in the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, as C-19 stays bobbling along at a steady level day to day life is pretty much back to normal and so Planet Industrials is coming back into the frame. Steve and I have plenty of ideas and products on the pipeline, but it became difficult to source and release these during the summer. However, next week sees two components coming available with kits to follow later in the month. The photo above hides both of them but I'll not say more now...
I was commissioned to work on a simple branding for a new consultancy in the visual media industry. The brief was fairly loose, but wanted to incorporate the 'play' triangle in some way. The idea of using it to build up the AWX lettering was a collaboration and working with my client allowed the production of a clean crisp modern branding that should stay fresh and allow use in different formats in the coming months and years. Get in touch if you've a similar requirement, I don't just do model making!
In terms of design, I've been working on a new 7/8ths project (above) designing some of the add on details which I hope will really lift the finish. This is a collaboration with my good friend Steve M, and even before we've said anything about it we've sold a couple! I've also been designing parts and insutrcitons for forthcoming Planet Industrials kits, and I'm waiting on a big batch of prototype etches back from Steve F to move a lot of these forwards.
This rake of light railway wagons has been on and off the bench for few weeks. I built them during the summer as a distraction from the day to day, just hadn't finished them off... Peasmarsh Road hasn't been binned, but I'm not sure where it sits in the priority order. In the meantime it's been fun working on these... they are custom transfers for the West Dorset and East Sussex Light Railway (the Col. Stephens plan for a line from Northiam to Rye on the coast was called the ESLR. Peasmarsh would have been an intermediate station). 

Finally, the artwork I showed a few weeks ago is coming to life as transfers - I will share more on this in the future - shown is a test print, these should be a real triumph and are a tribute to the collaboration between me (as designer) and my supplier - John has gone above and beyond in helping with this exciting project.

I hope you've got a good weekend planned. Next week promises some 009, some 7/8ths and the start of the 1/2" scale commission... Until then, more soon...

Comments