Distraction…
Distraction (noun)
“a thing that takes your attention away from what you are doing or thinking about”.
Perhaps it is cruel to describe this as distraction? Yet these small models have taken my attention, it is no longer focused on the layouts and other projects already in hand.
Childhood connection points, blended with adult skill and experience - recreating a sense of innocent excitement and the later frustration with detail of my Bachmann HO trainset example…
Reconnecting then, perhaps to help ground myself, to remember where I came from, my story and the challenges I have overcome. Reminding myself that I can face more today and the future will be a moment I look back and remember Speedlink N gauge, writing books and magazines and making people happy directly or indirectly through the models I make and stories I tell.
So yes a distraction.
One I’m embracing for as long as it feels right.
Two sleeping dogs and still no coffee again this morning! Until next time, more soon…
Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.
James.