Lyd2 in 009: new chassis...

If you remember this project you've been following my modelling sagas for a long time. The Worsley Works Lyd2 diesel kit was originally paired with a custom nickel silver chassis by Stuart Brewer...

Well my ham fisted efforts saw that a very poor runner and I couldn't get the plastic cranks fitted properly either. A good friend offered to help me out a little and the result is an exquisite work of art, a fully compensated flywheel driven chassis with protoypical flange less centre drivers!
Tonight I dug out this old friend and made a start on fitting the chassis, and have started to detail the underframe now. Next will be making progress on the myriad of cab and bonnet handrails. More soon...

Comments

  1. Looks very good. And nice to have friends to help out, when challenges become too tough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.