Friday Update: Sixteen Ten Twenty...

I've taken a decision this week to focus on Planet Industrials and my own modelling, which, despite continued poor weather here, has been somewhat of a tonic and I feel more rested and relaxed. That said, there is still progress on projects to share here...

The first three of this years batch of Hudson Hunslet's are in primer! This is a real milestone, they've been a slog at times but it's lovely to see them coming together now. In the coming weeks they'll all be turning various shades of green and hoping they will head off to their new homes before Christmas! The fourth and final model is being based on one preserved at Bala, and I need to scratchbuild some reduced cut down height controls and it had an earlier pattern of buffers. This will be an interesting example, and I'm looking forward to going back to that in a few weeks...
I have done some promotional work and planning with Steve for Planet Industrials. This year would have seen a few launches and a big announcement at Warley for us, obviously things have somewhat changed with C-19 so we're looking at other ways of promoting the brand and getting the messages out there - hence button badges, mugs and some other things coming in the next week or so...
This week's project has been the Canadian National S13u, which as of this morning is now primed! You'll notice the handrails fitted since yesterday's update - these were a lot easier than I feared and a fairly robust so I'm hoping they'll stand up to some handling without damage.
I also have ordered a few Canadian books, the first arrived yesterday - an interesting historical piece with great stories and well written and researched photo captions. I'm not interested in the steam era, but there are plenty of 1960s onwards photos right up to the Windsor and Handsport era. 
I hope everyone is well - I'm working on the shed roof this weekend, lets hope of some better weather. Have a good one, more soon...


Comments