Lie ins and recharging…

I don’t do lie-ins but somehow it was 10am when I stirred this morning…

I suppose I see them as indulgent and I have responsibilities. Dogs don’t walk themselves, during the week work doesn’t make itself! I think this responsibility has also driven a bit of the isolated life I’ve found myself living in recent years. Whereas this morning was a well needed rest - physically - I feel the series of trips, meetings and outings in recent weeks is a sort of lie-in for my soul. 

Indulgent but restorative.

Charging built in. 08202 at Glyndyfrdwy.

A visit to DEMU Showcase, a trip on the W&LLR, then Buxton with Michael, George this weekend and coming up a trip to the Isle of Stoner before Larkrail - and now potentially Chatham after that…

These touch points with the hobby are easy to say no to when money is tight, time feels precious, there are jobs to do… I live in a Welsh valley in North Wales, transport isn’t difficult but it isn’t easy either.

They pay-back well though; in this case I’m beginning to feel like I know who I am again, remembering myself and feeling positive about that - I can already feel the benefit of that in other areas of being James, as a partner, a parent…

It’s Sunday; I’m still tired, the dogs are snoozing and this sofa feels perfect for a slow start. I suppose I’m just reflecting on something - how I stopped looking for something to save or rescue me, or lamenting the lack of friends or social connection on my doorstep - accepting it in some way perhaps, that opportunities to say yes began to present themselves. Things get better…

Until next time more soon…



Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this James.

    With a post such as this, I always worry about knowing how to put into words a reply that is both sensitive and meaningful, but at the same time not too 'deep'.

    So, I just want to say that I empathise a lot with your words and thoughts. I'm pleased that you are feeling the benefits of recent trips. I'm delighted that you are maybe better reconnecting to yourself. And I thank you for sharing and giving of your time to another soul who often feels a little lost.

    I hope the coming week is manageable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm words Dave. Plenty to talk about and share modelling wise this week including progress on Cwmbach, weathering my TfW 150, coupling trials in Canadian N and preparation with Cwmbach.

      Delete
  2. I do get what you are saying, James and did mention to you a few weeks ago the thought of some sort of link with others - I suggested Dapol at nearby Weston Rhyn. At the end of the day, we all benefit from team time, the banter, the shared hopes and the concerns we can get off our chests.
    I do hope you can find some sort of balance with your very independent working lifestyle. Meanwhile, unload as you can, and plenty of us will no doubt seek to offer genuine, supportive thoughts on those matters you choose to raise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Dave. I treat the blog as a sort of diary so you’ll always find models and meaning here… I am rarely asking for advice, but understanding and support are always appreciated - thank you.

      I was reflecting that when I was desperately looking for answers none presented themselves. When I allowed myself to stop, positive choices became more obvious…

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.