Friday Update: Four Nine Twenty-six…
How is it Friday already? The girls are back at school and college, early starts again for them and I like to be up to help… plus a bank holiday and a day out - yet somehow there is progress to share here so we’re almost back to normal - grab a nice drink and settle down, I’ll give us a short tour of projects this week…
Massive progress to share (above) on the 009 layout commission - originally titled Dawson Creek, but has had a few title changes and I’m 100% what we’ve settled on! The lid is on and painted, the fiddle stick has been constructed (with a nod to Rice’s Trerice) and I’ve tinted the lighting a little cooler. There are jobs left, the muddy creek, a bit of vegetation around the base of the structures and a few bits of scrub and shrub to finish things off - should be done next week! I can’t wait to share a video with you all…
The bench itself is all repaints! Left is the Jinty being repainted in North Western Railway lined blue - today it will receive its lining and detail painting. The RSC-14 at the back is for a Rio Tinto inspired mining project in 4mm so represents an Alco export unit. An undecorated Rapido ‘kit’, this has been sprayed yellow, then masked and the blue added. Details are next on this, handrails, grabs, parts I’ve left off to help the painting - then decals, assembly and weathering. The N scale GP20 is an ongoing personal project I’ll talk about more another time…
A well deserved rest (!) this weekend beckons… thoughts of a new layout continue to mature yet progress is required here on Cwmbach - perhaps that is the opportunity to enjoy some mindful tasks and let my subconscious work on the options for Canadian N. I hope you all have a good weekend, thank you for your support over the summer. As always, more soon…
Finally, another NGG16 is pretty much complete. I had been waiting for etched plates for this, they arrived last week so I could finish this off once they were fitted with a satin lacquer, real coal, glazing and headlight lens.
Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.



Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.
James.