On the rails: Three single line termini…

Yesterday good friend Michael and I used a Northern Explorer ticket to ride some trains around Manchester for the day, logging the journeys on ‘Journey Log’…

The trips included some new to me trackage and some new to me single line termini, all three of which could work as Mosslanda! Travelling aboard both second and third generation units it was notable but perhaps not surprising that the most comfortable were the TfW 158s. Classic power, comfortably refitted, they will be sorely missed when retired. I’ll leave the photos to do the talking, interspersed with their Journey Log entries…



Ruabon


Manchester Piccadilly


Glossop

Hadfield
 

Rose Hill Marple


Manchester Piccadilly


Chester


Ruabon

If you’d like to give Journey Log a try please get in touch and I’ll arrange a log-in, in the meantime, I really must get back to the workbench! Until next time, more soon…


Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments

  1. Morning James. I previously dismissed multiple units as boring, glorified buses, but your blog has given me a new-found appreciation of them. The 158s in particular are full of character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of Piccadilly - I thought someone had modernised Denton Road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing was, stood at Guide Bridge, we looked on OSmaps to see how the different lines interacted… it was funny to see Denton just south of where we were stood!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.