French 009 painting...

The Coferna which has been nearly finished for an age took another step towards completion today spurred on by seeing the review of my kit in the current issue (Jan/Feb 2016) of Voie Libre...

The side frames have been painted in grey (Humbrol 31) and the buffer beams satin red. The couplings picked out in Matt black and the final steps will be to decide if the axle boxes will be grey or touched in black, and if the buffer beams will get a thin white edge. 

One of my three Eric Fresne Decauville opens has also had its strapping picked out in Matt black which I think looks pretty good so I'll finish off the other pair as well. I'm getting dangerously close to having a first train of French stock for my 009 sugar beet project! More soon...







James
Sent from my iPhone

Comments