A brief visit to Renfrew…

The brake vans I worked over for Renfrew arrived back home and I received a few photos and words on Messenger from David…


An unfitted one turned up on Wednesday on the trip from Mossend. A 29 dropped it and it’s train off and went back light engine. Crew were in a hurry. The brake’s still there tonight”.


David uses an IKEA Kallax unit to display the layout, and operates using an Excel generated ‘Random Wagon Selector’ (which I’m sure we can ask him to explain further if there is interest) to keep the shunting element enjoyable. The layout was built to fit around a busy life and provide those moments of mindful reflection around work and family commitments. Everyone has room for a model railway, just not always the time to build one. If I can help I offer a layout design and build service, get in touch via the contact form here in the website or via Facebook or the forums. Until next time, more soon…




Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. Hi James, I would be interested in Davids 'Random Wagon Generator'. I have a small layout with a track plan that is a mirror image to Renfrew, and I'm always looking for ways to keep it fresh to operate. Just a note of appreciation for your work. I check your blog every day, and there is always something of interest, especially loving Beaverbrook. Looking forward to your next book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry big thank you - and I’m glad you enjoy the blog. I will pester David for an explanation of the system!

      Delete
  2. They do look lovely in situ, don't they? And as a confirmed Excel nerd in a former life, I'm also intrigued by that Random Wagon Selector

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, David has something in hand…

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.