Commission: More dirty Victory…

When the Victory arrived I offered a 'weathering' service through Light Railway Stores for all purchases - this was very well subscribed and in the end quite an enjoyable experience...

The weathering was only a simple wash and a dusting with the airbrush but it brought the models to life. Those who wanted a more custom and bespoke service came direct and some of the results have been seen on the blog in the past 3 months. However, I decided to offer another 'batch' of the discount weathering, however that batch turned into just two models!

This pair are finished with the 'style' of weathering completed originally on the production models. The chassis, footplate and smokebox get a wash of Humbrol 33/98, with some neat 98 stippled in on brake shoes and around the bottom of the smokebox door and sand box lids. The airbrush is used to add some soot and coal dirt using a blend of 133/245/27004.


The results although fairly subtle lift the finish of these well proportioned and attractive industrials. I've also blackened and fitted the works plates to this pair. If you have a model you'd like me to breathe some life into I offer this basic service from just £40, but will need to wait until there are a few models in the queue before I can do the work.


More bespoke offerings look to replicate the finish seen on a prototype photo, or more than that I can add markings, names, repaint or more - even full scale conversions using the Planet Industrials model as a basis. Get in touch using the contact form in the menu here, or via Facebook or the forums for a personal fixed price proposal. Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments