On the road with George…

I left the house at 5 this morning, and having met George we are now on our way down to Steventon for the 009 exhibition…

We will keep this updated through the day, so check back later…

On the road at half six…


Sustenance - due to arrive about 9am

9:09 - Now to unload…

Nothing like last minute adjustment - 9:50

Set up and looking rather lovely!

Still smiling!

Hot hot village halls! 

Sunday morning reflection:
Home about 8:30pm, a long and thoroughly enjoyable day out catching up with old friends and meeting a few old ones. Thanks to George for the invite and to you all for checking in throughout yesterday. It sounds like I’ll be doing it all again with him for for the Chatham show in late July!

A lovely view from the operating position.

My own Porter making an appearance and kindling thoughts of the DYMCo layouts once more…




Until next time, more soon…

Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It wasn’t quite as smooth as I like trying to do it between setup and chatting but easier than trying to write a proper blog post at 5am this week after a very hot busy week!

      Delete
  2. Cracking layout! I like the height of the trees and scenery, really dominates the trains.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only minor improvement will be to bring the lighting pelmet forwards, it sure what is possible but we’re hoping to tweak it a bit before the next show.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a long, and no doubt tiring, day. Probably very hot too! I hope you managed to enjoy some elements of it.

    Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long and hot but only one moment about 10:45 where I wondered why I’d agreed to this madness! Otherwise all good fun and lovely to catch-up with old friends especially.

      Delete
  4. It was good to see you yesterday James; I really enjoyed Steventon, both for the layouts and trade as well as seeing so many friends, some of whom I haven't seen for several years. Nant Gwernol is lovely, I really must try to get up to the Talyllyn soon.
    Hope you had a good journey home,
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to see you Simon, look forward to seeing you at Larkrail.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed the stunning photos of this (so much incredible atmosphere!) and George's story behind it in Companion 3.
    Great to see these photos as well - the height of the track bed and the scenery behind must make it very easy to immerse yourself in the scene.
    Superbly done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian. It’s alright to operate, but not quite as immersive as you’d expect - the nice thing is being able to talk to people.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.