Childhood promise realised…

In the 90s I always wanted a VIA passenger train or RDC for my HO scale collection…


This latest arrival is a Rapido N scale example - I bought the CP Rail just because I liked the Hockey Mask front end and have had a soft spot for the Multi-mark…


In recent weeks I’ve wondered where these N scale models will lead, wrestling ideas around for how to create a layout to play with them and channel the memories and emotions they evoke…


…this latest arrival hasn’t helped in that regard but I am pleased with it. It looks lovely and runs beautifully… perhaps a Canadian Lochdubh beckons?

Until next time, more soon…


Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments

  1. I’m certain you will eventually resolve all these thoughts into something beautiful. There is no rush and meantime such fun for a play. Happy Birthday James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many happy returns of the day James. Best wishes Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday James. Hope the family are treating you and the weekend has been relaxing so far.

    I am sure with time you will sort the Canadian prairie layout. It obviously means much to you on a number of levels, and it would be a shame not to realise it.

    If I were looking do do something and taking into account the wide open spaces I might as I have seen in photos put a Prairie skyscraper at each end on the scene with the area between filled by more modern Butler bins and maybe other grain company plant such as a truck garage or a small loco shed for a possible plant switcher. You could have a road crossing the scene and the tracks so that the open plain was not seen and with shops or houses as the foreground view block again at either end. Having a plain "sky" back drop would I think give that big sky feel . I am sure you may already have thought and discarded this but I always find it interesting to think how I might tackle your projects. They are always food for thought

    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.