Paxton Road vignettes…
Whilst my bench is always varied the recent Canadian models have certainly made their presence felt here too. However, evergreen Paxton Road has not been forgotten…
Operation may have become sporadic at best this summer but just leaving the lights on and enjoying the cameo never feels like a waste of the models. In fact, sometimes posing and sharing a photo is just the tonic, and Paxton Road a versatile stage. From DB sheds last month, through 1989 on Southern metals (above) to 1983 in the North East (below).
These days, even with the lights off my imagination can still paint in the image - and sometimes all that is required to encourage me to dig a few wagons out and run a train. So despite, or because of all these new ideas and new plans I’m so lucky to share my workshop with a layout that still fuels my imagination and soothes a busy mind. Until next time, more soon…
Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.


Paxton Road is a truly special place James. I never tire of looking at the photographs and videos. True inspiration for all of us.
ReplyDeleteThank you Julian.
DeleteHi James Paxton Road is definitely a special layout and one that is certainly full of inspiration to me and fellow modellers.
ReplyDeleteHi Kevin good to hear from you - thank you, I'm pleased the models still inspire and encourage others! Best James
DeleteHi James, the sand PAA's looks right at home on Paxton Road. It's just such a simple and effective scene. I was reading the bucolic silo article again recently and you have definitely nailed the character of a small yard. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the Canadian layout idea comes together.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Thanks Tom. Whilst the Prairies are unresolved I’ve half an idea forming for a small Mosslanda that could work with a variety of models and eras and use some of my stock collection…
Delete