Brigadelok in 009: coaled up...

I know some will ask why my forestry based locomotives run on coal, all I can say is that I'm fickle and may want to run them on other layouts in the future so coal is more flexible!
 
So a load of coal, real coal, has been added to the bunker and the tank top details have been painted, weathered and fixed to the top of the drivers side tank. You'll also note the driver has been removed to find a new home in the LKM V10C, I have two figures ready to fit for the Brigadelok now. More soon...

Comments

  1. Hi James,

    at least, you do right to run the Brigade locos on coal. One of my best friends is engineer at the famous Waldbahn Muskau (WEM) and knows this type of locomotives very well. He explained to me, that the fire box of this tiny locos is such small, that wood burning is nearly impossible if you like to get the full power our of this little engine. So coal is the only way to get this loco runing powerfull to handle heavy log trains on grades.

    At least, you did a real great job on your loco and she looks realy great. I' to add some details and weathering to my loco too some day. But at the moment, I plan the scenery for the next segment of modular layout. I hope to get started next week.

    Regards, Gerd

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.