Bagnall saddle tank in 009: detailed and primed...

Well I've added some finer details this evening so she's all primed up and ready for secondary finishing now...
I'm generally pretty happy with the shape and details - but I'm still not sure whether I like the model or not - it captures the look of a Bagnall saddle tank, but I guess my problem is more with the prototype than the model, I just don't like them as much as some of my other models!
So anyway, for now RT modified white metal couplings, 0.4mm cab handrails, 0.9mm steam pipes and tank balance pipe - and some plasticard and brass to represent the valve gear (hopefully when painted it will give an impression).
The smokebox dart is the handles from the Eileen's 4mm scale one but I chucked the boss and made my own from 0.4mm wire.
The finish isn't bad, but I' going to smooth the body a little with some wet and dry in places, and then I can add a top coat. More soon...

Comments