Porthgain in 009: cylinders finished...

After a visit to Mum's new house again in Mathry, Pembrokeshire again last week I have had renewed energy for my Porthgain Andrew Barclay...
I finished the second RT models cylinder and coupling rod and have done running in trials. It runs smoothly even with no additional weight and I hope to fill the tanks and some of the boiler with fluid lead. I have decided to use another RT models product, the Waril type Hunslet chimney which is suitably tall and thin although not as tapered as the original.  
One thing I'm quite happy with is how much air there is under the boiler - and the cab should look ok despite being open as I can disguise the back of the motor as the back head.
Mum bought a book about the coast of South Wales and in the passage about Porthgain it mentioned a book I didn't have, so I sourced a copy from Narberth museum 'Porthgain and Abereidi - a century of industry' by Peter Davies. I was very very excited to find a photo of Porthgain in action! The first I've seen! I look forward to finishing this one off! More soon...

Comments