Coferna in 009: test print...

As well as the Couillet I am working on, I also made a start on the Coferna diesel recently and am pleased to share the following photos as the prototype print arrived today...
This is designed to fit a lightly modified Roco chassis, and it looks grand - the print has come out well, the axle boxes and detail especially clean. I can't wait to get the etch artwork drawn up for the bonnet doors, cab roof and buffer beams.
I hope to clean up the print later though, and waft some primer over it to show up the details a little better as the etches will be a month or so in the drawing and production. More soon...

Comments

  1. Cracking project- will it be for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duncan - yes it will be available under my EuroNG brand, and through Narrow Planet. I expect it will be released at ExpoNG in October - if not before - my next EuroNG release is nearly ready - the peat wagons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno about getting to the exhibition but an really taken by this- I'm not a big OO9 modeller...yet! I was hauled by something like this at Frossy Dompierre 1998. I have a Diema (Chivers kit) but have more or less given up as I cannot find an old GraFar chassis to fit. so this sounds a better bet. Which ROCO chassis is to be used and- sordid question- how much?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi James,

    This cute little ugly beastie may well become my first 009 loco. Plenty of space for DCC and sound. Maybe even for RC/battery and sound, as that's what I prefer to use. Haven't figured that out yet.

    Regards,
    Michela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news, it's one of my older kits but nice and easy to work on. The Roco chassis can be easily improved with the replacement of the motor by a Tramfabriek conversion kit if you want even smoother operation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.