Kerr Stuart Haig in 009: primed...

I nipped home at lunch today and have managed to waft a coat of primer over the Haig...
You should be able to spot the late additions, the cab foot steps (from a EuroNG Jung Dn2t etch I had spare), the cab handrails and the water filler lids (I used a pair from the same EuroNG Jung etch - they aren't the right pattern but I figured they looked the part more than cutting them by hand).
The primer shows the finish of the sides is great, but I need to tackle the joints along the tops of the tanks where I filled the white metal. I'll then get onto painting it in a olive green. The chassis just needs wrappers on the cylinders to be fitted, and then it can be painted black.
Note the picture underneath is the Norden exchange shed, so you might get an idea about where I hope to employ this locomotive when finished! More soon...

Comments