Commission: Hunslet 05 weathering...

This week between some of my more complicated and larger commissions I've squeezed in a weathering job on a OO gauge Heljan Class 05 shunter...
This model is lovely, full of detail and character, and I was asked to bring it to life with a well used weathering job. I chose to work from photos of the prototype, and it spent it's life working at Bulmers in Hereford where it seems to have been, on the large part, loved and looked after although I did find some photos of it a little grubbier and based this weathering job on that finish.
Painted wheel rims first, then washes on the chassis and body before airbrushing road dirt, fading dust and under frame muck and then hi-lighting worn metal edges with drybrushing.
The result is a unique model 'that looks great' according to it's new owner. It is winging it's way home this week, and all being well will be performing at an exhibition this weekend. I'm happy to consider all sorts of model making commissions, from re-numbering, weathering to full on design and scratch building. In this case a weathering job that has brought a treasured model to life, contact me for your own proposal. More soon...

Comments