Dyfrdwy Tramway in June...

Summer is here, and the tramway has been in action this weekend with two of my kids playing trains and testing out a few ideas I had for operation...
My thinking was that with the introduction of the gunpowder wagon, I needed to start thinking about the best way to position stock and move it around. My daughter suggested some real loads, so that's a job for the winter, but in principle she is right, it will give the tramway even more purpose.
The basic premise will be gunpowder can't be transported with anything else and goes from the wharf to the quarry, fuel oil needs to go from the wharf to the quarry, coal to the mill, slab from the quarry to the mill, cut slate from the mill to the wharf.
Anyhow, my son quickly turned things on their heads but he had a lot of fun, even creating this health and safety nightmare...
Finally, I have been pondering building a brake/man-rider wagon so ran out the coach to get a feel for what it might look like, here really showing just how tiny the G-series is!
It's been good fun, and I'm looking forward to many more operating days as the weather improves. More soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.