Friday update: Seven six nineteen...

It's been a busy week, as well as completing another commission there has been a lot of work on smaller scale stuff on my workbench, all of which will appear individually in due course...
First of all, a pair of Meridian Models 009 kits, that I've been asked to finish in their current condition which has meant some surgery to the brake van. I've also designed some custom transfers that John at Precision Labels has printed for me in metallic gold, they're tiny so I've not worried about the shading - but should finish the pair of nicely.
This weed killing wagon is actually H0e but quite large, and is based on an old european sourced kit that my customer has asked me to assemble, detail and paint to represent the prototype in the 1990s in Austria. Its a lovely mix of materials, cleanly cast resin with a white metal chassis and other parts.
I've also just received the finished parts for a White Pass and Yukon locomotive in H0 scale, this is a real monster, pretty much the size of a standard gauge H0 diesel. The parts have scaled up well from my own model which is 2.6mm/ft to suit an available chassis.
Finally, in the same package of etched parts were those I needed to start on the Hunslet Wagonmaster commission in 009. I'll be building a set of four of these characterful locomotives, slightly re-imagined as 2ft gauge with outside frames to use the excellent Liliput diesel shunter chassis.

I've also dug out some of my own models this week, finally fitting glazing to my Faur L18H and now looking at doing the same to my La Meuse. A rake of wood stake cars and wagons on my desk at the moment are tempting me to consider an Eastern European layout again Time will tell... More soon...

Comments