Commission: 009 Talyllyn stock...

I was commissioned by the customer behind the lovely model of Dolgoch featured here previously for some suitable rolling stock. He sourced the excellent Meridian coaches from Narrow Planet and asked me to finish them as running today...
Not quite so easy as it sounds, the brake van especially has been carefully hacked about to include the relevant windows and frames - the models also featured custom designed transfers that fit in the required locations perfectly. These are tiny and are a credit to John at Precision Labels who managed to turn my vector graphics into miniature gold master pieces! It should be noted that these photos are very much cruel enlargements, the models being barely 35mm tall.
The models were painted in Humbrol 220, which is Virgin red apparently! The framing was picked out in Humbrol 62 (Leather) and the strapping in black. Once the transfers were applied the model was sealed in dull-cote before cutting and fitting the flush glazing.
The back of the van proved hard to research, but eventually I did find some photos that show the side that you usually don't see on the railway!
The Lancaster coach was a little more straight forward but the glazing was a fiddly but the results worthwhile. I'm hoping my customer will share some photos of the pair with Dolgoch in the future as I think they'll make a lovely little train.
If you're interested in a commission of your own dream model, please do get in touch either through my blog, forum messaging, or my Facebook page. More soon...

Comments