7/8ths O&K Bolster wagon...

For some time I've planned on adding some forestry related rolling stock to the tramway, as in my faux history it's the Forestry Commission whose investment relaid the track and brought powered traction to the tramway...
At the Llanfair show last September (!!) I ordered a pair of 'budget' skip chassis from Si Harris at Model-earth and the went about designing a bolster body for them. A rough concept emerged based on some photos in NG&IRM as well as German feldbahn websites, and I drew parts up in Libre CAD to have them laser cut when I visited my friend Steve... these parts then languished in the must do pile before being assembled and realising I'd only cut enough parts for one bolster wagon!
That meant again it was sidelined for a while, but with the good weather seventy I gave it an overall spray of Halfords matt black and then have begun weathered with Humbrol enamels - still a little to do on this front but it's passable for now.
The idea is a pair of these will haul a few 'logs' I cut in the garden last year for the purpose, and represent the forestry train. Hopefully it won't take me quite as long to construct the second wagon. More soon...

Comments