Introducing Mollington Road...

As a bit of a tonic to my commission modelling I decided to build another micro, but this time OO scale. When I was a child my Dad had a Mainline 03 and so a recent 'impulse' buy of the new(er) Bachmann version led to some doodling of ideas...
The 03 is actually one of those allocated to Birkenhead docks, and although my plans are location agnostic, I thought a nod to the area with the name might be good, hence Mollington Road (of course in reality the depot at Birkenhead was Mollington Street). In another twist I grew up in the village of Mollington near Chester!

The layout is built (see Friday update here) and has been played with on and off but until my week on holiday I'd not planned any scenery. Having absorbed plenty of inspiration both prototype and the models I admired as a child I've come up with something that I'm happy to push on with. Until I start on the structures though there aren't any photos, so just a taste in the illustrations above, hand drawn as I was trying to be digital free this holiday! More soon as the project develops...

Comments