Commission: Austrian narrow gauge weedkilling van...

This model has appeared in a previous update I think, it's a lovely H0e kit of an Austrian narrow gauge weed killing wagon that was made in resin and white metal...
I was asked by my customer to finish it as it was running in the 1990s with plain brown van, but with a different brown on the rear look out. The finish was airbrushed on with my usual Humbrol enamels.
A little weathering to the roof was just a simple wash, wiped clean to show some rain streaking and relieve the otherwise boring looking grey. The information plates on the tank had been damaged during the casting process, the edges were quite fragile. I repaired these with filler before painting and the finishing touch was the stickers, YES stickers to go over them. These has a gloss shiny finish which I toned down with dull-cote before adding glazing.
Couplings are white metal link and pin, the van end has a link added to allow coupling to regular H0e couplers. The other end will link to a water tank wagon so has been left to allow the customer to fit a permanent link.
This is heading off to the same home as Molln a few months ago - if you've got a kit in your drawer that you'd like me to turn into a miniature reality, then get in touch, either on a forum, through Facebook or my contact form on the website. More soon...

Comments