East Works in 009: sketching out structures...

I've been sketching out ideas for the follow up to Creech Bottom for a few years but never really got them off the ground...

The ideas weren't bad but they just didn't really grab me enough to rip up the old layout and start again... then a chance flicking through the Twelveheads book on Fayle's by Chris Legg and I found inspiration at East Works. I had wanted an excuse to try out a different type of baseboard construction as well, Iain Rice's book on Cameo layouts the inspiration in that regard...

So I've shared progress of the physical layout - here are sketches that show what I'm hoping to capture in some of the scenic areas, obviously subject to change, but actually in pen and ink rather than digital this time in my trusty notebook. More soon...



Comments