Friday update: Two eight nineteen...

A week back at work and a lot of progress on a variety of projects to report, although lots of it has already made it to the blog already this week...
First up, this large Dapol O scale Class 08 has arrived for weathering, and WOW what a model. I'd never really xonsidered modelling in O gauge but this has blown me away, it's going to be fun working on it and making it a bit of a state, posed here with my Bachmann Baldwin in 009 (1/76) to show the relative size...
Even larger, the Estate coaches in 1/12 have had a first coat of paint and are looking superb, I'm really pleased with how these have turned out. From sketchbook to reality, from imagination to real life these will I'm sure be even better when finished with gold lining, custom gilt monograms and some interior and roof detailing. If you'd like me to design and build you custom rolling stock do get in touch on the contact form or via Facebook...
Finally, the 009 layout is pushing on and the baseboard is now complete allowing the trackbed to be laid and the opening to be made in the end wall for access to the fiddle yard - this has now been sealed with paint, and next up will be track laying whilst I try and source some card or thin MDF for the backscne. A busy week ahead again, as the kids are all on holiday, so I hope to get a few days with them mixed in with commissions. Enjoy your weekend, more soon...

Comments