Friday update: Twenty-three eight nineteen...

Well, would you believe, more holidays this week (although thats it now until later in the year) and a second trip down to north Pembrokeshire (third to Pembrokeshire) this summer...
A lovely few days with two of my daughters at my Mum's visiting Porthgain (below) my favourite place in the world, along with some lovely walks along the coast (Aberbach above)...
Back home and will the Llanfair show looming I'm making a final push on the 1/12 scale coaches that have featured in previous Friday updates - these are getting there now and in this photo you get a pretty good idea of how it will look when complete - only missing internal benches, the stove, glazing and footsteps. The roof mounted lamp ventilators are 3D prints of my own design based upon the original concept sketches, and look great - the glazing is really going to transform these coaches in the next week or so...
As well as the coaches I've also promised Peter Bakke that his Hudson Hunslet will be ready - Peter, a previous customer, lives up near Aberdeen and is visiting the garden railway show, so it seemed a perfect opportunity to hand over the model in person. His model is the first of the 45mm gauge models I had hoped would be a lot further on, but the summer holidays have been more disruptive than I had imagined and I'm a little behind on the final three... Seen below in primer, it shows how cute the short (seating room only) Hare Crag style cab looks - deliberately a little ramshackle to appear 'home built' the plan is for a yellow and black well worn industrial appearance.
Finally a quick shot of Mollington Road, showing that little progress has been made on my OO micro but more extensive testing (!!) from my daughter has been happening during the holidays.
If you'd like me to build you your own dream model, be that a totally custom designed coach or locomotive, painting or weathering a model you already own or building a complete model railway get in touch for a personal proposal. More soon...

Comments