Stanley in 009: green and detail...

I've added a coat of green paint to the Bachmann Baldwin to blend the new cab rear to the main body, and to match the green applied to Russell, both destined for East Works...
The model now needs the black and red bits picking out and I will probably replace the couplings as the Bachmann examples don't work that well with the Greenwich ones on my hoppers. However it is looking very neat indeed, a finish only achievable really with an airbrush.
The back of the cab, now painted, shows every rivet so clearly - the Narrow Planet printer is exceptional, and I'm looking forward to bringing this model to life with some careful weathering.
Despite it's looks, it's still not the greatest of runners - this is something I noticed with my previous Baldwin too - it's not that it's bad, it's just not as good as a Minitrains or Roco model - I think the gearing is too high, it would benefit from a slower top speed and hence more controllable speed range. Just my 2p though. If you'd like me to breathe a new life and identity into your Baldwin, get in touch for a personal proposal via the contact form on my website, Facebook or a forum. More soon...

Comments