Friday Update: Eight Five Twenty...

It's been another strange week hasn't it, the day seem to merge into one and repeat ad-nauseum, almost like Ground-hog day. As it is, the slow but steady turnover of commissions here does allow me to ring the changes. A few things to share more about this week...
This Lyd2 diesel, as seen commonly on the Polish narrow gauge, with a trio at Gelerts Farm in Porthmadog, is built from a Worsley Works scratch-aid brass kit. I have added 3D printed headlights and bonnet vents along with couplings and crank extension weights from parts i designed and had printed by Shapeways. The chassis is a custom designed Graham Farish 08 stretched to the right wheelbase. This project though is now paused, because until the etch company resumes operation I can't get my hands on the replacement fake outside frames and coupling rods to turn this into a working model.
Last week I showed a photo of the computer screen showing transfer artwork for customers - well this arrived this week and looked superb, these are now off to their new homes. Some of the sheet was for my own projects, and a 1970s era TTA tanker in PiChem livery has arrived on Mollington Road. There are a few more small transfers to add before she can be weathered a little. I'm quite often working on a batch of transfers, if you have some specific requirements drop me a note and I can let you have a price for a custom job, it could be as small as one pair of painted names, to a full sheet of numbering for a rake of stock, or as recently, lining for a pre-grouping locomotive.
Finally, below, the work on a pair of Hornby Sentinels has taken place at pace this week - as the RT models side skirts have been fitted. I'll do a proper write up of this pair shortly, as they're nearly finished.
I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm planning on doing some more to Mollington Road, including painting the concrete apron around the tracks, and the roof of the office/surgery building. I've also got some street lights to try (non-working) and need to progress some of the scrubby ground cover as a foundation to further scenic work. It's only small but it's taking a lot of work. More soon...


Comments