Pi Sentinel in OO: Weathered and finished...

The final 'weathering' update of the week, a look at the Planet Industrials 'Sentinel' repaint I have worked on over the past few weeks...
The wash, micro-painting and dry-brushing were briefly described on my post over the weekend, but with the airbrush out I was able to add the finishing touch to the worn finish.
If anything I may have gone a little overboard, she doesn't look uncared for, but certainly not quite as neat as I think I originally had in mind. The rust on the side panels was taken from prototype photos, and breaks up the otherwise dull-slab sides nicely, so I'm happy with how she looks.
The finesse of the airbrush allows a very slight toning down of the orange, and a build up of exhaust on the cab roof, that blends the micro-painted streaks back into the finish, but shows where rain has streaked the exhaust down the cowling.
The dirty under frame still had enough detail and relief to catch the eye. A close encounter with something has damaged and scraped the pain on the side panel this side. It's these little touches that can be overdone if you're not careful. I hope I have just kept this one on the right side of believable. Dirty and a workhorse, but still in regular use. If you've got a model you want to breathe life into I am happy to give you a proposal, get in touch via Facebook, the contact page or one of the forums. More soon...

Comments