Mollington Road: Fresh smelling roads...

The fresh smell of talc, oh how lovely (!) Gordon Gravett's technique is both smelly and messy, but I was keen to try out the technique to produce a realistic road...
With the buildings embedded last week, I set about painting the road and beginning to add a finish. I dug out holes for the manholes before painting liberally and smoothly with Satin 125. I used neat  gloss black stippled on for the fresh tarmac between the manhole covers.
On top of this was dusted talc liberally though a piece of old stocking, an old odd one from the bottom of Janey's draw, the place smelt like I don't know what and I was covered in white powder but the result was worth it. Once dry after a few hours the excess was vacuumed off, and then brushed with a decorating brush to bring back the colour. It looks subtle, varied, smooth yet rough, and ties the cambers and road features I'd worked into the plaster very nicely indeed. More soon...

Comments