Mollington Road: scenic detailing...

A small layout like Mollington Road allows steady progress, and yesterday, with the kids in meltdown at various points work was almost impossible, however, my I did manage a few little jobs on Mollington Road throughout the day...
The shed now has a roof, made from Slaters '7mm' corrugated plasticard, edged in plain styrene and painted light grey - this will be weathered shortly. Inside the shed I've mocked up a few tools and equipment, these need painting and weathering. Once the shed is done I will fix it down so that the gap disappears.
The brick wall now has a pair of barbed wires along the top, inspired by a photo of the engine shed at Slough Estates. This is in 5A fuse wire, wrapped around posts of 0.5mm wire and painted. I added a few strips to the top of one part of the gate to check it would work on that too, which it does, so I've ordered some more as I'd run out!
Finally I've added a 'WHISTLE' sign on the main track, as a warning to road traffic at the crossing. This needs some long grass growing around the posts now - I'll work out the best way to do that today. Whilst the paint is hardening on the shed I will make some progress on the warehouse building and concrete panel fence today. More soon...

Comments