Dyfrdwy Tramway: Fencing and planting...

The tramway has been a little neglected for a while, just too many other things to do around the house, but after visiting John's a few weeks ago and collecting some cuttings from him I was keen to do a little work on the line...

We've had a sheep invasion recently, not the first time, but this time they really did finish off the old wire fencing. An assessment of what was left found 90% of the posts were fine, so they're all a little further apart now, the wire was toast though so I replaced that.

The new planting is on the bank between the path around the house, and the mill area, and with time will hopefully give some texture and height to this part of the garden. I've plans to work on the mill area of the line next, and I need to get some cement in the coming weeks to repair the stone walls, and build some new ones...

Once all was sorted I cut the grass around the tramway with the strimmer and ran a train, obviously to check all was well in the world. The Keef K40 and the slab wagons seemed an unlikely pairing but look at home in the green setting. 

I've think I've fallen out of love with live steam a bit in the past year, these battery electric trains of my own creation definitely have captured my imagination more than the R/H loco has, we'll see what the future holds for the tramway as I use it to focus my narrow gauge attention with a creative streamlining of my model making. I hope you enjoy the photos. More soon...

Comments