Friday Update: Fourteen Eight Twenty...

It's been back to business this week with some new commissions on the bench as well as a few custom artwork illustrations (more on those another time)...


First up the 2020 batch of Hudson Hunslet's is under way with the chassis being built, both 32mm and 45mm visible here - showing their relative neatness and simplicity - and the drive that provides near silent running. Next I'll add the electronics to test these, before moving onto bodywork.


Next I've begun working on a Backwoods Miniatures conversion of a Mantua mallet in 0-14, work so far has been destructive, stripping down the model and modifying parts ahead of the conversion work - it looks a well illustrated neatly designed kit, it will be fun to do something a little different.


I've picked up a book on US outline layout design, this could well be a slippery slope, but I've toyed with this idea for a while, and the British outline projects aren't getting the juices flowing and you'll know if you're a regular reader that my Dad got me interested in North American, specifically Canadian railways a long time ago... we'll see what happens, I'm enjoying the distraction. I've taken the opportunity to sell on Dawson Creek too, and will be clearing out a few other projects and layouts in the coming weeks.

Finally, a blast from the past, the 009 Russian PT4 (the Chinese modified the design to create the C2) I'd started 5-6 years ago on a Fleischmann BR81. I've added some detail at the front end, and boiler detail, levers and what not... I need to move on to pipe runs and things - on the tender I've added a rear coupler, and a connection to the loco, so it's feeling like more of an engine and one I really want to finish.

I hope you have a good weekend - and if you're interested in me working on your own dream model then feel free to get in touch, I'd be happy to provide a no obligation proposal. More soon...

Comments

  1. I look forward to seeing how the PT4 goes, that is a very handsome looking loco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, it’s got a brutish look. I think it’s small wheels and daylight under the boiler are so distinctive.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.