Friday Update: Seven Eight Twenty...

Back to work this week and a few things to share, the first of which is very exciting, the prototype Ruston 165DE core print arrived...
This is 3D printed and the base for etched overlays with bolt, rivet, hinge detail etc, allowing a level of finesse not possible easily with 3D print alone. The Hornby Peckett chassis is easily modified to remove the cylinders and then fits perfectly into the print. There is a little space for some extra weight, if desired.
It's a lot larger than the Peckett donor! Even larger than the Greenhithe style one shown here - both these Planet Industrial prototypes are waiting for their etches. I think the NEM coupling mount can be reused on the back, and I need to work in one for the front, for those interested in that. I'll be using 3 links...
Back in the village, steam has returned to the Llangollen Railway, seen here yesterday from the old slate wharf at Glyndyfrdwy...
My RT Models Sentinel has been painted this week, last seen in primer the first stage was painting the Crimson, Humbrol 20. Once dry it was masked and Humbrol 174 was sprayed for the buffer beams, and then Humbrol 33 matt black hand painted on the side frames and cab roof. This was then finished with some transfers I designed, a nod to Steve and I working on Planet Industrials together. Once dry I sprayed over some dull-cote, but I will be weathering it next, only lightly, before adding a crew.
As well looking after the kids this week, riding on the Ffestiniog earlier in the week and camping in the garden too, I managed to assemble the three wagons above, now in primer, waiting finishing for both Mollington Road (left) and Peasmarsh Road (centre and right).
Finally, it's not always trains... I really love David Brown tractors, so for my birthday last week I was bought another, seen here with the Ford I got myself during lock down... it's been fun playing with the kids with my old Britains farm stuff, and having these 'grown up' toys shows how far model making and die-cast toys have come - just a shame they're not made in the UK anymore. Anyhow, hope you have a lovely weekend. More soon...

Comments