Friday Update: Twenty-eight Eight Twenty...

This week I've been on holiday, and been decorating which has somewhat of an impact on output, but I've still a few interesting projects to share with you...

Piles and piles of books from my library...

The decorating has meant not only have I been working on that, but also had to relocate my library into the workshop... add to that all the extra furniture stored in here and my already tiny space is basically unworkable until the new carpet goes down! Hopefully this afternoon!
South Wales was lovely, and despite the weather we had some fine dry weather for some coast walks and went to a few new spots despite the number of tourists in Pembrokeshire! This small harbour near Saint Davids's was very neat, you could imagine a small narrow gauge quarry line coming down into the inner reaches quite nicely...
Back at home I've been working on some artwork for a transfer, a little larger than normal, for a bus restoration project. The original panel is on the left, the only photo available to work from, centre, and where I've got to so far, right, further work required, especially on the BUILDERS but it's exciting to be helping a project like this!
I was excited to receive this book this week, my first 'new' North American title, a lovely full colour essay with lots of inspiration and detail to consider with my Canadian project. I've also received an ex-GT Canadian National Kadee 50ft box car, just as lovely as the original Canadian Pacific example I talked about last week, and have ordered both an undecorated Kato GP35 (to re-work into a shoreline example) and a Rapido RSC-14... slippery slope fully embraced it would seem - more on plans in a future post.

The only commission modelling this week was the Backwoods Mallet which is now black. The finish is deliberately not perfect, as a good foundation for some light weathering - before that can happen though I need to wire in the headlights and fit the smokebox door. The chassis will be painted by hand, before airbrushed dirt and drybrushing... This is an impressive machine, I'm not looking forward to re-threading all the pipework into the cab though after wiring! The boiler slides out to aid this sort of manoeuvre.

I hope you all enjoy the bank holiday weekend, spare a thought for me finishing off the decorating! Until next time, more soon...




Comments